At our school, leadership carries an important responsibility to serve others. As young leaders, students at St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Sutherland are encouraged not only to develop their own leadership skills but also to inspire and assist other students to do the same. We believe good leaders develop leadership in others.
- School Captains, Vice Captains, Charism Leader and Student Leaders
- Sports Captains
- Kindergarten Buddies, Mini Vinnies, Playground Monitors
- School Captains and Leaders’ duties include welcoming visitors to our school, attending ceremonies, heading the SRC, presenting at school assemblies and meeting with the principal regularly.
- Duties for Sports Captains include organisation and distribution of play equipment and overseeing their colour house participation at sports carnivals.
Our student leaders at St Patrick’s aspire to:
- Uphold and promote Catholic values
- Demonstrate pride in the school
- Make a positive contribution to their school
- Being a role model for other students by upholding the school rules
- Show initiative and demonstrate organisational skills
- Communicate effectively and be able to speak to an audience confidently